Photography, tattoo and various media
Chances are stunning photographs of the Kāpiti Coast have enticed you to explore the outdoor pursuits, fine dining and distractions to suit all tastes that can be found here.
Far from just atmospheric sunset shots, local photographic artists capture the landscape, the mood and what makes the Kāpiti Coast so unique.
20 years of the Kāpiti Arts Trail
We are excited to be celebrating 20 years of the Arts Trail with a wonderfully diverse range of artists, and a chance to get close to many of our working artists as they create their artwork.Find out more
Kāpiti Arts Trail - 7/8 and 14/15 November 2020
Hubs, Galleries and Societies
14. Kāpiti Gallery - exhibits works by Kapiti Arts & Crafts Society members and guest artists throughout the year.
17. Te Ara Korowai Wellbeing Centre - is a peer support and wellbeing hub located in Raumati, showcasing a variety of artworks from members of all ages and abilities.
34. Kāpiti Youth Support (Hub) - is a youth one-stop-shop for young people ages 10–24. We provide a range of health and social services whilst supporting various youth activities including the arts.
35. 2i2C Artists Guild - 2 Innovate is 2 Create. An eclectic arts guild with members who actively embrace creative diversity and collectively and aim to present fresh and innovative creative experiences
40. Big Mac Slabs Creative Centre (Hub) - showcasing an extensive display of Kapiti Creativity, with over 40 Artists work & Creative Businesses on-site year-round to inspire you.
45. Old Courthouse Gallery - Local Art & Craft Cooperative including clay-works, textiles, photography, mixed media, paintings, sketches, natural fibres and steelwork.
49. Toi Matarau Gallery - is a Toi Iho™ licenced Māori art gallery of traditional and contemporary Māori art. A whare tapere – home for the Indigenous, the arts, a house of inspiration and storytelling where economic, social and cultural wellbeing is supported.
72. Mahara Gallery - will be hosting 100 Days a Journey – 2020, featuring 24 Kāpiti artists working across a wide range of media and content, in partnership with Tutere Gallery + Creative Space.
48. Thomas Green Photography, Jailhouse Studio and Garden - Thomas aims to create dramatic photographs. He wants the viewer to look at the photograph and feel what it was like to be there on location. His creative eye has lead him into portraiture and event photography.
4. Joe Buchanan, Diatom Press - Where possible, Joe draws from life, then transposes his drawings to lino blocks, cuts with Japanese wood carving tools, and prints using a modified French stencil cutting press.
67. Claire Lever - Vibrant mosaic art created using a variety of mediums including, ceramic tiles, natural resources, and stained glass.
70. Jane Santos Mosaic Artist - Fine art by experienced practitioner using porcelain, ceramic, and glass hand-cut tiles.
41. ATB Tattoo Studio and Gallery Art (Hub) - At ATB Tattoo studio, we believe that behind every tattoo should be a great story. And we’d like to be a part of your story.